RE: [Epic] Epic 40k army construction

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 97 10:48:00 EST

>Fire may be split amongst any number of targets as long as range and LOS
>allow it. The entire det. fires at the same time during the shooting
>phase.

Wow. I'm not sure about that at all. For the old system,
I'm interested in alternating movement so that movement
won't be unbalanced because of initiative. This looks
like the equivalent of a company card and its support cards
(from old system) shooting at once. Makes me want to
consider marking casualties and taking them off at the
end of the phase, for simultaneous fire. I guess I can
see now why winning initiative in the shooting phase could
balance out winning initiative in movement.

I'm planning to give the game a shot, but I hate that I
already am coming up with house rules. (rescaling old
ranges, so new 15 cm increments become 25cm increments;
stats for Knights; alternating fire better or using
simultaneouse casualties) But obviously I'm not going
to establish any of these until I've given it a shot.

Paul, does movement for assaults happen at a different
time than other movement?

thanks,
andy
andy.skinner_at_...