Re: [Epic] E40k Units Squads Detachments

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 09:52:45 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Andy Skinner wrote:

> By the way, Paul, I got a little lost about squads vs detachments
> in your example. I had thought a squad was the 5 guys on a stand,
> but I'm confused. Could you tell me what a squad is, and whether
> there are any restrictions on it, different than what are on the
> detachment? Thanks.

Okay the smallest denomination is a unit. This is either 1 vehicle, 5
infantry, 3 cavalry (yeech) or a War Engine. A unit can never be broken
into smaller pieces and it is what the stats are based on.

A Squad is a group of units. Basically you're allowedup to 10 squads in a
detachment. 2 units (stands) of IG infantry make up a squad, but one unit
(stand ) of Terminators makes up a squad. Usually 1-3 vehicles will make
up a squad.

The detachment is the largest group, and is what you give orders to as a
whole. It is also used for Morale and Break. Also supression counts
against a detachment as a whole.

> The problems about having part of your army go away are serious
> complaints. I'm looking forward to hashing over the Knight rules,
> and seeing whether we come up with something easily agreed upon.
> Whether that will work with assault IG, I don't know.

Already at work on the Knights. IG assault inf. will be easy. Just give
regular IG the special attribute "Assault". Deciding on the points is
another matter. :)

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy