[Epic] E40k making detachments vs. 40k

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:04:22 -0600 (CST)

I want it to be clear that making a detachment look like a little 40k army
is an _option_ but not a requirement. It will be very easy to translate
tha old card system into E40k terms if you so desire. I was trying to
give an example of the options you have when creating your detachment.
Personally I would never field such a detachment.

As far as E40k vs. 40k goes I stand by my claim that they are different
games. The similarities between E40k and 40k are: Some army restructering
based on current 40k armies. (i.e. Chimeras for IG, Rhinos for SM) and
the ability to create your armies with upgrades and options like 40k army
creation is done.

_That_is_where_the_similarities_end_. The rules and play are _nothing_
like 40k. I really can't explain it to you without playing a game in
front of you. The best I can do is ask you not to pass judgement until
you've seen E40k in action. Find a friend or store demo if you don't want
to put up $70. Please, I've had _all_ the same concerns that you have
now, but after playing it and giving it a chance I have to say I like it.
It's not perfect, and even after seeing it, or playing it you might think
it shite, and that's cool, but don't give it a miss just becasue you want
to and it's not Epic and it has a 40k in the name. :)

Thanks for hearing my rant.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy