Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...) LONG

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 04:39:55 -0500 (EST)

Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...> writes:
> Now, the assumption that "models" are pinned by "base to base" contact seems
> to be the sticking point.

> Entering Close Combat (TL page 32) states:
>
> As soon as a troop stand or vehicle model touches an enemy they are both
> engaged in close assault and stop moving immediately if they are pinned (see
> below).

        Ah! I understand your reasoning now. Much has become clear
to me.

        However, I interpreted this section differently. When a unit
touches an enemy and is pinned, they are engaged in close assault and
stop moving. A typical unit engages in close assault with a titan
when it touches the feet. I then don't consider a unit to be touching
the Titan unless it is in contact with the feet.

> Further evidence of the "enemy nature" of the titan's base is the ability of
> a titan to "sweep forward" and voluntarily engage anything in contact with
> their base. (TL page 33)

        In addition to it's standard CC abilities, if it wants to
stomp on more infantry, it is able to reach all those in contact with
the base.
        Skimmers and jump-pack troops do not have to be touching the
titan to engage it (special case, not clarification of what is part of
the Titan model). Instead, they only have to be touching the base in
order to engage in CC.

        That's my interpretation of the rules. I think I'll continue
to use them, even though yours makes sense to me now.

Mark