Re: [Epic] Rant was: Epic shock troops

From: Tony Christney <acc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 10:25:33 -0800

>> From: Karadek <stukeefe_at_...>
>>
>> > What happened to this list being used for the discussion of
>> > Space Marine? If I wanted political commentary, I'd buy a
>> > magazine. If you want to express these views, I'm sure there
>> > are more appropriate places. I think this whole thread should
>> > be moved off to a more private list, as I'm sure most people
>> > here don't care about your feelings on American foriegn policy.
>>
>> No need to be hasty; I'm sure that those offended are a minority, else
>> more would complain.
>
> Or maybe we saw other people complaining first, and
>decided there was no need to add to this stupidity. Political
>discussions do not belong here, especially not in the length
>or detail that Tony went into. Period. It was a message with
>no Epic content at all and clearly should have gone to private
>email. The other times this has happened (the SCA stuff for
>example), the posts in question were at least brief.
>
>> I for one am enjoying this thread. Being American
>> myself, I'm happy to see more people sharing my own ideas on the
>> motherland's rather insane foreign policy.
>
> Great. Take it to private email.
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

I would like to apologize for my ill-considered comments. The thread that
I was replying to was already devoid of Epic content, and had been for
several cycles. I had no intention of creating a new thread, I just
wanted to vent off some steam. I even tried to warn you that I was just
ranting away, but evidently you read it anyway. 'Nuff said.

BTW, I would like to thank all who lent a sympathetic ear. If you want to
talk, my email address is in my new and improved sig.

  Tony Christney
  acc_at_...
        "He must be the king"
        "How can you tell?"