Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...) LONG

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 12:26:14 -0500 (EST)

Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...> writes:
> That's an exceptional number of exceptions Chad.
>
> Ever heard of Occam's Razor? (The simplest solution is usually the best)

        Why yes. That's the method I'm using to support my argument.

1) Units engage and are pinned at the foot of the model. (See
Bio-Titans)
2) Skimmers are freaks and should be purged from the game. Err..
well, maybe not the second part, my army would disappear.

> How about the possibility that the only "exception" is explicitly stated -
> that being that as distinct from every other model, in order to CC a titan
> some troop types must contact the feet.

The only exceptions are stated:
1) Titans can engage in CC with models not in contact with it, but
with the base.
2) Skimmers can engage in CC if they touch the base.

> it could be that skimmers etc are another exception to the CC rules,

This is clearly the case. Shooting a skimmer in CC is a prime example
of how skimmers follow few of the rules.

> For my money, "the simplest solution is usually the best"

I'll second that.

Oh, and Titan CC is only base-to-base, but that was covered in
exception 1. If neither party wants to engage in CC, then I suppose
it won't happen. I've never seen this occur though. :)

Mark