Re: [Epic] Re: [EPIC] Epic 40k stats/pre-sale

From: Joseph Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 16:40:36 -0600

pickles_at_... wrote:
[snip-o-matic]
> > Regardless of what you claim the scale in epic is, it has a problem with
> > comparative range.

> It does if you want realism but I gave up any hope of that a long
> time ago with GW. I like the GAME that there is in epic. The
> background fluff adds to this but it is not reallistic or plausible
> either. I do not let this worry me. I would suggest that if one wants
> realism one ought to try another game system. If one wants a good game
> with good feel of a relentlessly violent future stick with Epic. It seems
> futile trashing Epic on realism grounds as it is sooo far from being
> realistic that realism does not come into the frame.
>
> Pickles
>
> BTW I agree with Napoleonic analogy

Don't get me wrong, I do like Epic as a game system, even though I thed
to think of it as a SF version of micro armor. Of all the versions of
Epic that I have played I still think that the OLD Space Marine game
(Version 1.0) is the best. I, of course, have not seen the Mk III rules
yet, but I will be getting them.