Re: [Epic] Tyranids a good Army?

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 03:18:01 -0800

Ken R. Tucky wrote:

> Hi was wondering if the Tyranids are a good army especially with
> the new rules comming out. If not, how about Chaos? I only play
> Space Marines and Orks myself.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken
Under the 2nd edition rules, I find the Bugs have a good well rounded
selection of units. In addition to the swarm box, you need to purchase a
couple of Hive Tyrants, a Dominatrix, and some of the exocrine and
dactyl broods. The Bugs are very dependent on leaders. The extra Hive
Tyrants are a good choice. The exocrine is their MBT and the dactyls are
their mobile artillery. This will give you a good general force, you can
add the more specialized troops as you get the hang of the rules and
adjust to your opponents' OOB.

I encourage you to try them. After all, they have the purest motive of
any of the armies, they are merely satisfying their instinctive urge to
feed and reproduce];}

danlobb_at_...