Re: [Epic] Another contentious issue

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 20:22:02 -0600 (CST)

>Titan leg damage (6) states: "The leg is blown apart and the titan
>collapses to the ground. Decide which way the titan falls and place it on
>its side lying in that direction. Any vehicles or troop stands fallen on
>are destroyed."
>
>It doesn't actually state that the titan is destroyed.

True, but GW doesn't state a lot of things.

>We (my gaming crowd) have always assumed that the titan is destroyed when it
>falls because that is what happens in the description of the power ram.

Okay, I agree with that.

>However, in the description of vibrocanons shooting titans, it says that the
>vibrocanon can only target the titans legs UNLESS THE TITAN HAS FALLEN in
>which case the vibrocanon can pick any target.
>
>How many of us are in the habit of shooting at destroyed titans?

I always assumed that it was in case you wanted to knock out a plasma
reactor and use it as a bomb. Not that I would ever waste valuable vibro
cannon shots on it.

>It's a good point. I have surmised from previous posts on this list that
>the majority of people believe that a titan is destroyed if it "falls" but
>is this really the case?

I used to believe that Titans weren't destroyed when they fell down, but I
remember stumbling across something that said they did in the rules with my
gaming group, and now we play that they are destroyed. Can't remember where
it said it though.

>(Would it be too pushy to ask for "comments please"?)

Yes.

Just kidding. :P

>Agro

Michael the Liu