Re: [Epic] Another contentious issue

From: Jason Robinson <ewing_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 13:55:37 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Brett Hollindale wrote:
> Titan leg damage (6) states: "The leg is blown apart and the titan
> collapses to the ground. Decide which way the titan falls and place it on
> its side lying in that direction. Any vehicles or troop stands fallen on
> are destroyed."
> It doesn't actually state that the titan is destroyed.

 When a warmachine of that size falls over, I think it is safe to say
 that it is out of the battle. It might not be destroyed, but after
 the fall, I doubt the titan would be in any condition to fight. For
 one, the crew will be bashed around and most of the systems propably
 wouldn't work well turned sideways (weapon arms, etc).

 Immobilized counts as destroyed in a normal game, but in campaign
 games this might be interesting. It would be cheaper to repair a
 titan with only a leg gone (plus the fall) and the winner of the battle
 would capture any immobilized titans from the field.

        - Jason