Re: [Epic] Tyranids a good Army?

From: W. Gregory Klett <cyclops_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 22:26:30 -0600

>richard milton baird wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Ken R. Tucky wrote:
>>
>> > Hi was wondering if the Tyranids are a good army especially with
>> > the new rules comming out. If not, how about Chaos? I only play
>> > Space Marines and Orks myself.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Ken
>>
>> IMHO, Tyranids are quite a fine army indeed. That is, at least, with the
>> current system. With the new system, who knows? Maybe the biovores will
>> actually worth taking with the new artillery rules and then again, with
>> them lumping the aspect warriors together, maybe they're going to do
>> something tragic like throwing Genestealers and Hormugaunts together.
>> Just a thought,
>> Rich
>
>Rich:
>
>I have had good results from my Biovores. I noticed a few people mention
>on the list a dissatisfaction with them. I would be interested in
>hearing how they have been used in your game. Both my imperial and eldar
>enemies find these to be quite effective.

 I have only found the Biovores to be useful if you take several of
them. Most artillery units are OK in single units, while Biovores seem to
need to be in three's or so.

 However, if you are fighting one of the Mass unit armies like Imp. Guard
or Orks they work fine in any quantity. They are too inaccurate when they
drop, and those pods that don't detonate at first can be easily avoided.

  Greg Klett

| W. Gregory Klett | Those that can, do! |
| cyclops_at_... | Those that could and won't, dream. |
| | Those that can't, pretend and brag about it! |