Re: [Epic] Tyranids a good Army?

From: richard milton baird <rmbaird_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 00:10:16 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 9 Mar 1997, Dan Lobb wrote:

> richard milton baird wrote:
> >

> > IMHO, Tyranids are quite a fine army indeed. That is, at least, with the
> > current system. With the new system, who knows? Maybe the biovores will
> > actually worth taking with the new artillery rules and then again, with
> > them lumping the aspect warriors together, maybe they're going to do
> > something tragic like throwing Genestealers and Hormugaunts together.
> > Just a thought,
> > Rich
>
> Rich:
>
> I have had good results from my Biovores. I noticed a few people mention
> on the list a dissatisfaction with them. I would be interested in
> hearing how they have been used in your game. Both my imperial and eldar
> enemies find these to be quite effective.
>
> danlobb_at_...

  I usually try to use them as regular artillery and not so much of a
disruption. When I first started playing, I couldn't wait to get some of
them. I thought about all of the disruption that the spore mines would
cause while drifting around my opponent's back lines. What seems to
happen though, is that I desperately hope that they'll either hit
something right off the bat or drift into something and then hope that
the few blast points that each one carries is enough to give me an actual
hit. It might be different if I played against other opponents, but up
until now I've been playing against Space Marines, Chaos, and just
tonight, Eldar. Maybe they would be more useful against Orks or Imperial
Guard?
What's been your experience?
Later,
Rich