Re: [Epic] Rant was: Epic shock troops

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:52:50 -0600

At 07:39 PM 3/6/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>At 12:49 AM 3/5/97 +0000, you wrote:
>>>The US Marines....Shock Troops!! Hard to believe!!
>>>What about Somalia when the Boyz got their asses kicked back into the sea!!
>>
>>Um, I dont' think that's the way it happened. In any case, Somalia was
>>another situation where the "rules of engagement" were ridiculously strict.
>
>They needed to be ridiculously strict. Somalia was never meant to be a war.
>Marines are trained warriors. They needed to be contained, IMO.

Exactly my point. They were not performing a shock troop function as they
were trained. They were performing a police action unsuitable to their
training. this should not reflect on their role as a shock troop force.

>>"Okay boys, you have to go in and rout the warlords who are challenging the
>>rightfully elected government . . . Everybody pass your clips to the right.
>>Squad leaders collect the ammo and check 'em."
>
><RANT MODE ON>
>Ok, this concept of America having to defend the rightfully elected government
>of [insert country here] is a load of shit.

Easy killer! I'm not defending the foreign policy. I'm defending the
marines who were slandered

>Sorry about the rant folks. Also, I hope I didn't offend too many people.
>I really have nothing against Americans. Almost all that I have met have
>been very nice people. It is the foreign policy that I have a serious
>problem with.

Yeah, well, some of us have a problem with it also. It's really just a
matter of "do them before they do us."

Temp