Re: [Epic] GOODBYE GW!

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:09:41 -0800

Keith Zanardi wrote:

> I am divorcing myself of ALL GW products. I am going to have ONE last game
> in which casualties ACTUALLY BECOME CASUALTIES! For those of you that know
> me, you know that I am NOT kidding. By the end of this week, there will
> not be ONE GW
> miniture in my house. You may think I am drastic, crazy or an asshole
> (even ALL 3) for
> doing this, but I won't be involved with GW in ANY WAY, SHAPE, or FORM
> ANYMORE!
> This is my way of purging the GW-itis from my system. The violent demise
> of the
> minis themselves. (afterwards I will be sending the remains to GW)
> The fires will be burning this weekend!

Much as I appreciate your feelings - apart from the $5 a box epic stuff
which I got from Jedko, my own purchases of GW products have been almost
zero for 2 years - ANYWAY - I think you are making a mistake.

Why?

If I was a scumsucking unethical morally bankrupt moneygrubbing company
who charged unbelieveable and constantly increasing prices, the ONE
thing that would have me jumping for joy is a dissillusioned customer
destroying his miniatures rather than selling them second hand ( and
therefore reducing my market share ).

I'm sure GW would love to see everybody do this, so they can sell even
more with no competition from their previously sold products.

Remember, the Epic stuff will be, like the CI, the Eldar Exodites, the
Original Metal Titan etc, Collectors Items for the afficionado who
refuses to pay outrageous prices for the next Epic40K 2 or whatever.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture