RE: [Epic] New Game Grumbles

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 97 11:22:00 EST

>> * Ranges are shorter, increasing importance of close assault.
>> I may start off rescaling all the numbers. Apparently, what
>> used to go up in increments of 25 cm now goes up in 15cm.
>
>Yup. This actually would make things like the Vulcan Mega-Bolter
>irrelevant -- the infantry that charge the Titan in the Close Assault
>phase are outside the range of the gun in the firing phase! Hmm, so
>maybe make a gun that gives a bonus to a Titan's Assualt Factor vs.
>infantry...?
If you're willing to start putting in the house rules,
then I think adding 2 or 4 FP for a loss of range
would be an easy one. Though your point about
range would hurt it without also using a house rule
on rescaling ranges.

>> * Several figure types and two whole armies are not represented
>> in the game. These may be easily handled by house rules, but
>> it is nice to have something official.
>
>Heh.
> Aaron Teske
> Mithramuse+_at_...
> Squat Leader, Den'Len Fetch
Poor Aaron, the guy who specifically chose all three of
his armies so they'd get dropped or radically changed in
Epic 40K. Or so it seems. :-)

andy
andy.skinner_at_...