Re: [Epic] New Game Grumbles

From: Krazy Kat <wilskenn_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 09:18:08 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Stuart Mottershead wrote:

> 4) The new rules are going to 'spoil the game'.
> It seems to me that the first two are fair enough (but not exactly
> unnexpected), and the third may also be true (if a little irrelevant)
> but I don't understand the fourth. I may be missing something, but IMHO
> if the game has not been released yet, then surely the only people that
> can truely judge it are those few that have actually played it.

I think the reason that most of the people on the list don't like the new
game is because it's being hyped as becoming closer to 40k. A bunch of
people prefer epic to 40k for a lot of reasons, and bringing it closer to
40k is defeating the purpose. If you're going to do that, why not just
play 40k? Imagine if you were a rugby fan. You prefer rugby over american
football because it's rugby. It has a different flavor. Now imagine how
you'd feel if all of a sudden all the rugby leagues changed their rules
to make it more like american football.
That, and I think there are a bunch of people that are pissed because
they are changing the minis. I, for one, have a pretty large collection
of epic minis, including a scad of infantry, and now they'll be at a
disadvantage unless I buy all new infantry.
-Ken