Re: [Epic] New Game Grumbles

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 00:57:49 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Krazy Kat wrote:

> > Uhm... why? Your old infantry will just look different.
> > How is that a 'disadvantage'?
> >
> Not only will they look different, but because the base is twice as long
> (and half as wide), you can place your troops so that they remain in
> formation, but less troops can be hit by blast markers. This puts the old
> bases at a disadvantage because more of the troops could be hit.

The only coherency rules is that all units must remain within 30cm of the
detachment HQ. There is no within 6cm rule anymore. So, for all intents
and purposes you can pack in the new bases to be as vulnerable to barrages
as the old ones or you can spread out the old bases to be less vulnerable.

The only possible difference I see is packing infantry into terrain
features. You probably won't be able to fit as many stands into a
building with the new bases. But as far as barrages go, it depends more
on how you space the troops, not what kind of bases they're on.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy