Re: Trademarks, as Re: [Epic] New Game Grumbles

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:32:31 -0600

At 12:35 PM 3/15/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Looking through my older catalogs, it seems that GW also has the following
>questionable registered trademarks: Avatar, Terminator, Dark Angel and
>Marauder.

Big difference between a trademark and a copyright. Anyone can use the term
"cola," but if they used it with the red and white color and the "dynamic
ribbon" pattern like Coca Cola, they could be sued. GW can't sue anyone for
using the term "Dark Angel," it's too commonly recognized. But, if you use
the DA logo then stand by, and prepare to be boarded.

Temp