Re: [Epic] New Game Grumbles

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:32:14 -0600

At 11:10 AM 3/15/97 +0100, you wrote:

> On a related note, GW has trademarked "Eldar". Can they really do this?
>The term Eldar has been used for Tolkiens elves since at least the
>seventies, possible the fifties (I'm not sure if the term was used in Lord
>of the Rings).

I dont' recall the term from Tolkein. Of course it's been 10 years since I
read anything by him. You never know, they may have bought the trademark
from one of Tolkein's heirs or something.

Temp

ps. All of my statements are based on my understanding of American copyright
law, and may not be applicable in the UK.