Re: [Epic] E40k Ask your Questions now

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:58:55 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Spatula wrote:

> The point values have been scaled down. Average SM 2ed army
> is what, 4000-6000 pts? Average 40k army is 1500-2000 pts? GW is
> trying to attract 40k players, so point values are now 30-40% of what
> they used to be. Actually, that % doesn't work for the Warlord above,
> so maybe titans have become more powerful/less fragile in the new
> edition.

I really don't see the connection between point values and attracting 40k
players, but yes, the points values are lower across the board. Imperial
titans are quite a bit less fragile, and fairly powerful too. In the 3 or
4 games I've fielded them, one has been destroyed outright, one was
damaged, and one wasn't scratched.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy