Re: [Epic] Titans and Eldar (was: Titans and CC)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 08:56:50 -0600

At 12:51 PM 3/20/97 +0000, you wrote:

>I think I would be tempted to ignore the titans. Deployed on the back line,
>they will fire their multiple barrage weapons on turn one and practically
>nothing you can do will stop them. (It would take some pretty amazing luck
>with doomweavers or some pretty exposed warlocks.)

And your better use for those warlocks would be what? It's along shot (1 in
4) to psychic lock a titan, but you may get lucky and pin 2 of the buggers.
Anyway, it's not like he has the means to stop the warlocks before they at
least get a shot.

>After turn one, (and the
>barrage missiles) I'm not sure that titans on the back line are much of a
>threat...

True.

BTW, if a warlock were to try to maintain a psy-lock on a titan with void
shields on the second turn, would he have to roll again to penetrate the
shield, or would he just have to make the maintenance roll?

>I would say that your easy victory points come from the assault troops and
>scouts. A bunch of falcons FF'ing from behind cover at the deployment line
>are quite safe from retaliation (very few [Imperial] commanders have weapons
>ranged greater than 25cm) and will inflict quite awesome casualties.

I don't know about awesome. 6 detachments will average 9 hits. And that's
assuming that since his force is so large, he won't be able to get cover.

Temp