Re: [Epic] Re: Epic 40k sprue contents

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 10:19:03 +1000 (EST)

>On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Richard Dewsbery wrote:

>[Pro-GW propaganda/misinformation deleted]
>[Lest total chaos take grip of the list, forcing the Inquisition to
>invoke exterminatus, and fiery cleansing upon us all]

Hah, no fears here. No pro-GW misinformation coming from this direction.

>> Wrong. In every respect except the pricing comments. Who is this
>> idiot?
>
>Wow, I never realized that making an incorrect guess made someone an
>idiot... That should have been the subject of my Valedictorian speech a
>couple of years ago.
>
>sigh...

It appears that idiocy is an easy thing to catch. If incorrect guesses makes
one an idiot we are all in deep trouble.

>> I have the _real_ info to hand, thanks to GWUK mail order.
>
>All praise GWUK mail order, bow down to them.

Just like all those rules clarifications (interpretations) they used to give
out. These guys are so great, and always right. They never make mistakes.
Kiss their boots.

>> sprues are �5 each
>
>> Marine Inf Sprue
>> 3 tactical squads (6 bases of 5)
>> 1 devcastator squad (2 bases)
>> 1 assault squad (2 bases)
>> 1 Terminator squad (1 base)
>> 1 scout squad (1 base)
>> 4 bikes
>
>Given the new scheme, wouldn't three be more appropriate?

Ah, but then you don't need to buy 3 sprues to make them all useful.

>> 6 character figures
>
>[Again, deletia regarding "rumor" from GWUK mail order regarding contents
>of Epic sprues]
>

>> Either the sprues are overpriced (yes), the box is a bargain (no) or
>> everything is overpriced and we're all mugs who are prepared to
>> willingly shel out every time GW wants some more of our cash (of
>> course).
>
>To be honest, 90% of the Epic stuff I've bought has averaged 35-40% off of
>GW's SRP, some much lower -- you've just got to look around a bit.
>
>Granted, I am buying Epic40k through GWUS mailorder, full price. It's a
>shame I'll have to live with (to make sure I get it in my hands asap.)
>
>> Richard
>> Some other one, with the facts.
>> No relation to the first idiot.
>> Honest.
>
>My conjecture regarding what was going to be in the small epic boxes was
>just that: conjecture. Folks have been guessing about this stuff for
>months, and given what I had read on the list, at that point, it seemed
>accurate.
>
>I was wrong.

Slap!!!! Don't do it again. Jeez if I got slapped down each time I made a
mistake on the list I'd be really hurting.

>I suppose I just couldn't understand why they'd want to sell you half a
>Space Marine Battle Company in a box, rather than a complete one...
>Particularly after going on and on about how the new sprues were going to
>be complete units (I know, with the new cardless list, it doesn't matter
>-- but it's still half a company.)

But the figures look so great, you'll want to pay more.

>Instead of some 140 figs for $10US (hopelessly optimistic, I know), we get
>70 figs for $10US. (or 5 Pounds UK, a better deal)

But the figures look so great, you'll want to pay more.

>I vaguely remember the old 10-sprue box for $20 having 350 figs...

But the figures look so great, you'll want to pay more.

>Gee, suppose GW needs the money ;)

But the figures look so great, you'll want to pay more.
But the figures look so great, you'll want to pay more.
But the figures look so great, you'll want to pay more.
But the figures look so great, you'll want to pay more.

Whoops, sorry about that. Been listening to GW too much.

>Christian "First & Last Idiot" Taylor
>kristian_at_...

I guess that makes the rest of us middle idiots
                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
                 Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach
                   "No Spanky, No. Bad monkey"
                email J.Stephensen_at_...