Re: [Epic] Titans and Eldar (looooong) (was: Titans and CC)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 14:07:30 -0500 (EST)

duckrvr_at_... writes:
> At 11:13 AM 3/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
> > It's also one of the few companies I have
> >that doesn't break on a regular basis (>50% of the time) on Turn 2.
>
> You may be overextending if over 50% of your force is getting broken on turn 2.

        No, but several of my companies seem to enjoy breaking on turn
2. This doesn't mean that half of my force is gone. As usual, my
Windrider host is susceptible to this, and my Falcon host usually
loses 3-6 falcons over the 2 turns. These two and the Spirit host are
sometimes the only 3 companies I have space for, and the other two
seem to break more often than not on turn 2. I believe my last game,
the Windriders broke but the Falcons hadn't. That's only 7VP from
companies out of 17. My Avatar had the unfortunate timing to be the
only unit the opposing Colossus could see on turn 1. :(
        I'd say that less than half of my detachments suffer from this
2nd turn problem.

        However, it really isn't that hard to shoot down 5 Falcons
over 2 turns, and Windriders are meant to break on turn 2 the way I
play them.

Mark