[Epic] Using your old models

From: Antony Van Der Linden <Antony.VanDerLinden_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 13:55:26 +1000 (EST)

Hi there all,
        I am yet to play the new edition ( of what I have always
thought was GW's best system ) and I'm still worried about all my old
stuff being usable. This concern is primarily for the infantry stands and
the new basing, naturally.
        Having played for some years I found that the outcome of some
parts of the game could rest on the positioning of your troop stands (
especially vs Squats with all those damn barrages ). Now admittedly I have
not thought this through completely, but won't game rules written with
consideration to the long bases make for some strange stuff if you use the
the old square bases? After all in any set of wargame rules the base size
and shape is pivotal, something I don't think GW considers fully ( for
the sake of playability - anyone ever read some of tthose historical
rules which take severral pages to discuss how troops should be based ).
        But hey, they're the ones actually making and selling the things, they
probably take more care than I give them credit for ( I hope :) ).

Thanks,
        Tony ( just needing to be reassured before he decides whether or
not to sell all his old infantry).

 Tony VanDerLinden - | Department of Computer Science
 E-mail: | James Cook University of North Queensland
 Antony.VanDerLinden_at_... | Australia