Re: [Epic] Using your old models

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 07:52:55 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 22 Mar 1997, Antony Van Der Linden wrote:

> Hi there all,

[snip]

> the old square bases? After all in any set of wargame rules the base size
> and shape is pivotal, something I don't think GW considers fully ( for
> the sake of playability - anyone ever read some of tthose historical
> rules which take severral pages to discuss how troops should be based ).
> But hey, they're the ones actually making and selling the things, they
> probably take more care than I give them credit for ( I hope :) ).

The old 6cm coherency rules are not in effect. You can place all you
units within 30cm of your deachment HQ. So even though your models (and
mine for that matter) have different sized bases, you can pack them
together as tightly or as loosely as you want. Thus the _real_ difference
in basing is negligible. Trust me I've played 5 or so games of E40k and
base size doesn't matter when compared to spacing.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy