Re: [Epic] Epic 40K card?

From: Tracy Hale <axe_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 00:59:43 -0600 (CST)

> > From: duckrvr_at_...
> >
> > Incidentally, I was only ever witness to a single one turn game. The guy
> > was completely psyched out, won initiative, moved first (why? - I dont'
> > know), and didn't unload his marines. My Windrider host hit the 2 companies
> > of loaded rhinos hard enough to break both (it was a small game) and
> > assorted remaining units captured objectives. So I don't really even count
> > it as a game. It was more like a giant brain fart.

When I first learned the game, I saw my brother stomp his girlfriend's orks
in two turns but you could call it a 1 turn game. First turn most of the orks
advanced from the very back edge of the table. No significant first fire or
melee, and miniaml damage done in advance fire. I brother had 1 stand of
guard that due to a quirk in terrain layout had no target except a mega-gargant
that just happened to be sitting on a hilltop. The power fields were up, but
waht the hell, he fired anyway. Shields flicker allowed shot in, head hit,
roll a save of 1, roll 6 for damage== no head. All her closely packed
orcs (not much arty on board, we thought it wasn't much fun) were nearby and
almost every unit failed it's morale. Turn two was basicly watching orcs
running off table or being gunned down without a fight.

"A place where life has no value but death sometimes has a price"

Tracy Hale
axe_at_...
axe_at_...