Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Wave Serpents

From: S. Birol Akmeric <nethol_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:13:34 +0200

> From: duckrvr_at_...
> Good luck. I haven't found a yellow paint that covers anything.
> Incidentallly, when using washes, I have gotten the best results by
treating
> washes just like paint, and trying to paint exactly where I wanted it
> go, rather than trusting it to follow the contours. A couple
acquaintances
> of mine (one of whom does commission work for Ral Partha) swear that
oil
> paints that have been thinned down make the best washes. The
rationale is
> that the oil is much less adhesive than the water used in inks, so it
really
> does follow the littel cracks and crevasses like it's supposed too.
> And since he gets paid for the stuff . . .

Always undercoat with thin layer of white before applying yellow (wait
for it to dry completly). Thin the washes before applying, or
alternatively, dip your brush in water, touch the wash with it, apply
on the model, wait for 1-2 seconds, lightly dab it with a piece of dry
tissue paper (needs some practice). As for the oils, you should really
thin them, otherwise they tend to fill the gaps and obscure detail.

S. Birol Akmeric
nethol_at_...