RE: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 97 14:32:00 EST

Pop-ups:
>Ok, I see the problem now. You are wondering if a pop-up can spot units
>for artillery.
No. I hadn't thought of that at all. I was just thinking
that before, skimmers could pop-up and see and shoot at
anything. I didn't like that, because it made the skimmers
pop-up really high in order to see behind some terrain. It
didn't seem realistic to me, so we just took line of sight
from 25cm over the popping-up skimmer.

I thought Paul was saying that was no longer true, skimmers
pop-up only high enough to see just beyond intervening
terrain.

> The answer is you don't need to. Artillery can fire at
>anything in range, if it is spotted or not. The "Intervening Terrain"
>phrase was in the original description of pop-ups in SM, but since
>spotting for artillery was such a big deal, it was much more important.
>
>The way the pop-up is phrased in the new rules, it would seem that if
>you are right behind a building (the target), the pop-up will be able to
>see over the building because it is a piece of "Intervening Terrain".
Sorry, I don't understand. Would you mind telling
how it is phrased in the new rules? It seems you've
got a different interpretation than Paul, so I'd like
to read what it says.

>The same is true for flyers.
Flyers make sense--I expect them to be high in the
air, even if their bases only put 'em a couple of
inches up.

thanks,
andy
andy.skinner_at_...