Re: [Epic] signing off...

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 00:17:35 +0000

> Sorry to see you go, but I expect a lot of people to go the same route.
> I also despise 40k and am sorry to see epic become contaminated as well
> with this "cheesiest of games". Then again there are other
> alternatives....
>
> Peter

Well, I'd echo the sentiment about the loss of a list member, and also
about avoiding cheese - but what I've seen of epic 40k so far leads me
to say there is less cheese than either 40k or the old epic. \There are
certainly no "space angels kick everybody's butt if ragnar macragge is
in play" situations.

The similarity with 40k is that the weapon and engagement ranges have
been homogenised, so that a melee or firefight is representing what
would happen during a whole game of 40k, and the ranges are consistent
with this.

Richard