Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts - Pop-up Quote

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 17:11:43 -0500 (EST)

At 11:58 AM 3/28/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Skimmers are units which are propelled by jet engines, wings, or
>anti-gravity devices. Normally they hover just above ground level but
>they are capable of boosting their height sufficiently to clear trees,
>buildings or other terrain.
>
>A skimmer unit may ignore terrain when it moves, but if it starts or
>ends its move in dangerous terrain it must still take a dangerous
>terrain test. A skimmer may also 'pop up' in the shooting phase, rising
>above any blocking terrain so that it can trace a line of fire over it
>when it shoots. A skimmer which has poped up may also be shot a
>ignoring any intervening terrain. A popped up skimmer returns to ground
>level at the end of the shooting phase.
>
>[ Page 38 ]
>
>>Ok, how do you guys interpret this?

Well from the " rising above any blocking terrain" I would assume that it
means from the terrain that is infront of it. But the "trace a line of fire
over it when it shoots" I would assume it can still hit anything on the field.

In old epic(titan legions) we had a house rule that it could not see things
directly behind buildings and such and I will probably carry it over to this
one as well.

                Timothy J. Kilgore
                tkilgore_at_...

You know Aerosmith is getting old when they start sining songs about thier
aching joints "Falling in Love is Hard on your Knees"