Re: [Epic] Titans and Eldar (looooong) (was: Titans and CC)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 17:44:36 -0500 (EST)

Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...> writes:
> Renaud Delhaye wrote:
> > OK, you're right. I confess my most regular opponents are SM/IG/Squats and
> > Chaos. I never lost an EPIC game with my Eldar Army, but I will think about
> > changing my army composition next time I'll play against Tyranids...

        never lost... Before I start, do your opponents field
crippled armies, or do you have house rules I don't know about? If
not, I'd like to get some advice from you, as these are some of the
armies I have problems facing.

        Squats: I break about twice as fast as they do, and I'm
afraid to field large targets like the Tempest or Battle Titans. They
also tend to get more firepower per point than I do, and enough of
their stuff is on FF that popups don't help much. And void shields
are far better than holo fields, so I have trouble punching through
each turn, and they regenerate between turns if I don't finish them
off in one turn.

        IG: I don't have large numbers of shots, and I am in danger
of being overwhelmed by companies of infantry. Barring a row of Wave
Serpents, I don't know what to do about this. I suppose I could just
keep hoping he fields his tanks, but that doesn't seem like an ideal
strategy to me.

        Chaos: Well, I haven't played against Chaos for a while, and
he insisted on using several house rules. I've also picked up advice
over the past couple years on the ML that I haven't had a chance to
try. I can probably try to do this myself and get some more
experience first.

Mark