Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 11:37:35 +0100

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> > I cannot think of any major battle or engagement in history where
> > artillery caused the most casualties. Even in WWI, where artillery was
> > at its zenith, the main causes of loss of life were disease and machine
> > guns, IIRC.

 Oh dear. I didn't remember correctly - artillery WAS the main cause of
casualties in WWI. But I stand by what I said. The tank has long since
taken over from artillery.

> This continues to be my largest complaint. The lack of any
> sort of machine guns versus infantry on flat ground. With the shorter
> ranges, it's going to be even harder to defend an area with your guns.
>
> Mark

The best hope you have is to mass large amounts of firepower. Put lots
of blast markers on the enemy and they won't be able to close to combat.

And if they don't make contact, the short range firefights can break a
detachment very easily, hopefully keeping them busy for the next turn as
well.

Richard