Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: Chris Swearingen <tall-guy_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 20:27:45 -0800

----------
> From: Joseph Looney <mlooney_at_...>

> For what it is worth,
> Close Combat, in GW's context and what the US Army calls Close Combat
> are NOT the same thing. The US Army thinks that CC is combat at under
> 200 meters range. Given the VERY short ranges of GW's game weapons
> this would be "long range" in a game. Closeing to melee range and going
> at it with sharp pointy things is NOT something that was done after 1914
> or so.

hear hear!! nice to find someone else who doesn't buy into the HTH
fighting trend
going on...

of course, GW is into the whole "techno-fantsy" thing anyway, so we club
them to death with data and they would still think generals should fight it
all
out "mano a mano"...

tall-guy_at_...

"close combat is for idiots that cann't shoot straight"
Flashpoint