Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: Chris Swearingen <tall-guy_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 20:22:23 -0800

----------
> From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts
> Date: Saturday, March 29, 1997 7:50 AM
>
> I cannot think of any major battle or engagement in history where
> artillery caused the most casualties. Even in WWI, where artillery was
> at its zenith, the main causes of loss of life were disease and machine
> guns, IIRC.

right you are, my medically insightfull fellow!!
as a metter of fact, more troops have died from DNBI
(disease, non-battle injuries) than from combat wounds
in just about EVERY known millitary
conflict. this includes the recent "Desert War" where more US troops
died in training and other accidents than in the entire war...

the only major conflict i'm unsure of is the Falklands War.
never did find the medical after action reports on that one...

tall-guy_at_...

"my brain hurts!"
"well,... it will have to come out then!"