Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 12:19:11 -0800

>At close range, does it matter that you're facing 4 guys with boltguns
>and one with a multimelta as opposed to 4 guys with boltguns and one
>with a plasma gun - I don't think so, not at the scale epic works at,
>anyway.
>
>The old rules got far too bogged down with what vehs mounted what
>secondary weapon systems - this is the sort of minor detail which added
>nothing to the game, but is no longer present.

Odd then, that you can tell the difference between a demolisher and a leman
russ. You are definately correct with saying that a stand of infantry is a
stand of infantry regardless of their heavy weapon. And I'm even willing
to concede that Epic40k has some parts to it that intrigue me. However, at
this point, judging from what they added and removed, I can't see their
"abstraction" as anything except a play to the 40k players, all whining
aside. There is simple no reason changing the weapon on a leman russ
should be noticeable if you can't even tell when you change from a Plasma
Destructor, a very unique weapon that shuts down your Titan, to a Quake
Cannon, a very "average" yet still Death-Rayish weapon.

Michael the Liu