[Epic] Getting stuff at cheaper prices, as it were

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 18:52:29 -0800

Lorenzo Canapicchi wrote:

> Richard Dewsbery wrote:
> >
> > Peter Ramos wrote:
> > > Well, e40k is out next week, so if you like it, enjoy!
> >
> > It's out now in the UK. And I do (enjoy it). IMHO, it's far superior
> > to the old system.
>
> ..will be out ... maybe next year in Italy!!!!! (I'm optimist)
> GW still use its "cunning" marketing strategy, at the moment they
> distribute
> in Italy only Italian-translated stuff: WHFB basic box, Space Hulk basic
> box
> WK40k Basic box (maybe thos month), so:
>
> You can't play nothing else as your first GW game.
> As an old player you can find _only_ unsold stock stuff of the other
> game systems.
> It's three months that you can't find WD or the CJ (they aren't yet
> translated of course!).

Errm, I know this may not please GW very much. But what happens if
someone became I kind hearted person, and bought the stuff from the UK
(that is the cheapest <ahem> place to buy GW stuff and send it out, or
at least research on how much it would cost to send to places like Oz
and foregin countries where GW will only sell there (limited) translated
items that they sell, and not the English versions.

Surely I know it is not illegal as long as long as mass mass shipping of
50 copies of the stuff doesnt occur so breaking customs laws.
LOL

Surely it couldn't be that hard to set up.

Laterz

P.S. Just an idea......

What do people think?