Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 08:58:34 -0600

At 07:13 PM 3/31/97 -0800, you wrote:

>So when you win, you drive em off where they were, you loose, well, you
>loose and you get pushed back, although there is no pursuit. Which I
>wonder about. Any Ground pounders out there? A question if you will,
>do you chase after the enemy once you have forced him off his patch to
>drive him into the ground, or just let him run?

Depends on the situation. In LIC's you absolutely have to hound the
guerillas until they drop. Otherwise they simply melt into the terrain and
come back just as strong. In this HIC world, though, I would think taking
terrain would be much more important.

style through the woods. But pursuit is absolutely necessary to exploit the
size advantage of a regular force versus guerillas. Otherwise, they just
never fight until they find a small group they can pick off. The best
tactic is massive suppression and then assaul . . . Hey! isn't that what
E40K is using?

Just for the record, I haven't done this with real bullets, but in every
exercise I've ever been in, pursuit is the difference between success for
the regular forces or ignominious defeat.

Temp