RE: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:52:52 +1000 (EST)

>>At 07:45 PM 3/31/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>>My brigade commander banned volleyball for the same reason!
>>>
>>>mwc
>>
>>How do you get major injuries from volleyball? It isn't exactly a contact
>>sport. Soccer I would understand, but volleyball?
>
>You've never been "six-packed" have you Temp?
>
>For all the Great Unwashed out there "six-pack" is a term we use locally (I
>don't know if it is in general use) to describe getting spiked in the face
>by a volleyball. It hurts. Trust me.

Then there is the net snapping and ripping your face. The other team spiking
close to the net and the fist hitting your face. Then there are the feet
under the net that twist your ankle. I've seen two broken ankles that way,
and heaps of less serious injuries. Oh, and you might think volleyball is a
non-contact sport, but so is hockey (hah) and cricket and baseball, and such
belief isn't too true to form in the actual game. Besides in volleyball
there are usually cute girls to distract as well which helps cause accidents.

>-Kelvin.....

> "Do not run, we are your friends."
> -Martians from 'Mars Attacks'
> email: kx.henderson_at_...