Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:31:06 -0500

> From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
>
> > Well, I guess if you're taking dual pulsars/dual laswings
> >it's a different story although even so they both only have save
> >mods of -2... the Dom would still save 2/3 of the hits you get. And
>
> Oh ho! But there's the catch, its not just an Eldar Titan firing upon a
> Dominatrix. It's (sometimes) multiple Eldar Titans, along with a
> substantial portion of the rest of my army. The ability to take an entire
> swarm out of chain of command is just to good to pass up.

        True, but there's (presumably) multiple Doms as well.
Odds are, at least 1 titan dead before FF. Backed up by cards
and multiple screening units, I can't see the eldar winning
that battle.

> >there's still the matter of being able to target the Dom (no carnifexes,
> >etc closer to the titan) and surviving whatever came down in the
> >spore drop(s).
>
> I almost always nail carnifexes my first chance anyways.

        It seems your opponent isn't taking nearly enough screeners.
Carni detachments take a decent amount of firepower to drop (and there's
a good chance they'll be up again the next turn).

> That regeneration
> versus close combat is just wrong.

        Wrong?

> And the thing with those drop pods is
> that whatever comes down won't be able to pin my titan, and my titan is
> never on first fire orders.

        Depends who moves 1st... if he wins initiative whatever
CC stuff he drops would be able to walk all over one of your
titans. So another titan would die if you lose initiative.

Scott
shupes_at_...