Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 11:54:56 -0500 (EST)

At 09:14 AM 4/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> From: "Timothy J. Kilgore" <tkilgore_at_...>
>>
>> > Eldar Titans against Tyranids? Any titan is a bad choice
>> >against them, but the eldar titans are the worst. Are your bug
>> >opponents foolish or do they just roll extremely poorly?
>>
>> Actually I have to disagree here. I have had grwat success with one titan
>> armament in particular. You first have to realise that my group allows
>> Chaos titans the run of chaos and imperial choices for armament. A warlord
>> equipped with Doom Fist. Hell Blade, Titan tail, Battle head, Death storm
>> and a doomburner
>
> ...is an 18 VP snack for the bugs. Well, snack is the
>wrong word, maybe meal; Warlords do have a good number of void
>shields.
>
>> can handle itself very well against bugs. Especcially in
>> Hand to Hand. This sucker could take on an Imperator with a 50/50 chance of
>> winning(in hand to hand, assuming that the imperator did not blow the crap
>> out of him as he was charging up. Even if the bug has ripper tenracles, he
>> has two Hand to hand weapons (both nasty) and if he losses one it doesn't
>> matter.
>
> How would it get into hand to hand? It's not fast enough
>to catch any of the tyranid titans, they could run away from it all
>day until the Doms finally get through the shields. The only ranged
>weapon it has that could even scare them is the Doom Burner, and
>that only has a range of 75cm with 1 attack die (the death storm is
>nice but it's isn't going to do much to the tyranid titans and hardly
>justifies a 900 point model that gives up massive VPs when it dies).
>Maybe if there were other, juicier targets sitting around this guy
>could survive till the end of the game, but I can't see him accomplishing
>a whole lot (not for his points, anyway).
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

Ok, I probably should have added agianst other tyranid titans (THe only way
I ahve really played tyranids was a titan free for all in a huge city when
there was buildings everywhere. Against Tyranids in a "normal battle" I
can't really disagree with you. Warlords are too damn slow. Against a bug
titan it is grinded to a pulp by this thing instantly. Given if it is able
to reach close combat,

                Timothy J. Kilgore
                tkilgore_at_...

You know Aerosmith is getting old when they start singing songs about thier
aching joints "Falling in Love is Hard on your Knees"