Re: [Epic] Brave Imperials

From: Bayani R Caes <LordSigma+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 14:55:03 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from epic: 2-Apr-97 [Epic] Brave Imperials by Jason
Stephensen_at_....
> >Excerpts from epic: 27-Mar-97 Re: [Epic] Eldar fashion by Dan
Lobb_at_...
> >> I thought the 40K eldar armor and helmets were made to look like an
> >> insect's chiton exoskeleton. I would think that the dunces were the
> >> imperial guard units running around in coveralls where everyonelse has
> >> some protective armor.
> >That's because the IG [supposedly] has so many men, financing protective
> >armor for everyone would get fairly expensive in a real hurry. Of
> >course, the IG does two, maybe three, things really well.
> >Unfortunately, one of them is die in droves.
>
> But that is their job. Jeez before GW became so Emperor damned nice,
Something having to do with eating the brains of pykers? I'm sure there
are other nasty things about the Emperor that would not make for good
public knowledge.

> we used to die in even bigger droves.
You, Space Marine after a campaign against Chaos! Come here and have
your memory edited! You, Imperial Guardsman after a campaign against
Chaos! Come here and get executed!

Imagine what would happen to Cadia every now and then....

> And we do more then 2 or 3 things very well. There is running away and
> hunkering down in fear to name just two.
I was thinking lasweapons, cheap [and shoddy] war machines, and
swindling squats:

Imperial Agent: Say, trade ya these Rhinos for some Leviathans?
Squat Agent: Uh... sure!
:)

> We are the ultimate military machine gone mad. We may have faults but we
> are still the human races real defenders.
Damnit, why can't Chaos recruit out of other races?

> >-BC
> >the dunce who got suckered into playing IG
>
> Chin up. Chest out. Legs shoulder length apart. Get some pride back into
> you. We are the best of what's left you know.

All together now: "FOR THE EMPEROR!"

-BC