Re: [Epic] Avatars (was: Titans and Eldar (looooong))

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 08:26:58 GMT

At 12:41 PM 2/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> From: "Timothy J. Kilgore" <tkilgore_at_...>
>>
>> Hold on, Exactly where does it say that the Avatar gets it's save in hand to
>> hand?
>
> In its description in Renegades. The Avatar gets it's fixed
>2+ save to avoid desctruction even when saves are normally not allowed.
>Saves are not allowed in CC, so... (think of it like a GD using cards
>to save itself in CC)
>
>> Even if it does I'm still not going to use it. Then again if
>> somebody starts trying that fleshound trick on me I might just have to
use it.

> 'That fleshound trick' really isn't valid IMHO.

Can someone with access to WD 173 and 175 find the bit I'm pretty sure is
there and quote it to the list please?

> Psychic CC
>hits are not totally psychic; if you claim they are then you're getting
>into the realm of allowing a psychic save to keep a Warlock Titan from
>stepping on you. There's a physical aspect as well.

In every case (Warlock Titans and Grey Knights) except Avatars I would agree
that there is a physical component as well. In the case of the Avatar the
QA in WD makes it totally clear that there is no physical component to the
Avatar...

Agro