Re: [Epic] Because I like 'em

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 15:20:51 -0600

At 02:14 PM 4/2/97 -0500, you wrote:

>If I was playing Eldar, I'd Tempests because I like 'em.

>Does someone have to be an unskilled player because they take
>something that isn't so effective?

Not at all. It doesn't have anything to do with skill during play. If you
take a less effective unit because you like it, it's cool by me. I'm in
favor of style.

That said, choosing your force is a skill in its own right (probably the
main skill in 40K). If you take less than an optimum force, it just hurts
your chance during the game. If you are willing to trade winning the game
for the satisfaction you get by having a cool force, fine. Personally, I
like the game, but I love winning. I get bent out of shape when things go
badly (not to the point of breaking things, but that urge does come over
me), and I am ecstatic when things go my way. I curb my reactions so that I
dont' offend my opponents, but the feeling is there none the less. If the
point values were a more accurate reflection of combat values, this wouldn't
be a problem, everyone would have cool forces all the time.

Temp