Re: [Epic] Because I like 'em

From: Stephen Sheldon <sheldona_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 15:01:21 -0800 (PST)

> That said, choosing your force is a skill in its own right (probably the
> main skill in 40K). If you take less than an optimum force, it just hurts
> your chance during the game. If you are willing to trade winning the game
> for the satisfaction you get by having a cool force, fine. Personally, I
> like the game, but I love winning. I get bent out of shape when things go
> badly (not to the point of breaking things, but that urge does come over
> me), and I am ecstatic when things go my way. I curb my reactions so that I
> dont' offend my opponents, but the feeling is there none the less. If the
> point values were a more accurate reflection of combat values, this wouldn't
> be a problem, everyone would have cool forces all the time.

I always go for a theme, or take the units that are fun or neat to play.
Don't win much but I always have fun. EG when playing Eldar, I always have
2 units of warphunters. Orks, GRETCHIN, they are cheap and crap. Imperial,
sentinels and lots of them,
you get the idea, I once played a no save army, I won too, it was a silly
game...
Steve