Re: [Epic] Avatars (was: Titans and Eldar (looooong))

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 21:22:16 GMT

At 09:06 AM 3/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
>>
>> > 'That fleshound trick' really isn't valid IMHO.
>>
>> Can someone with access to WD 173 and 175 find the bit I'm pretty sure is
>> there and quote it to the list please?
>
> It's up on my webpage...
>
>Q: If a Greater Daemon or Primarch is killed by the Eldar Avatar can it be
> saved by playing a Chaos card?
>
>A: No. The Avatar is a creature wholly animated by the psychic power of the
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ [1]
> warlike thoughts of the Eldar in its craftworld. As such, any damage it
> inflicts is treated as being a psychic attack to which Greater Daemons and
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ [2]
> Primarchs are especially vulnerable.
>
>> In every case (Warlock Titans and Grey Knights) except Avatars I would agree
>> that there is a physical component as well. In the case of the Avatar the
>> QA in WD makes it totally clear that there is no physical component to the
>> Avatar...
>
> I wouldn't say 'totally clear'. [1] 'wholly animated' - it has
>a physical body animated by the Eldar's dark side. [2] well, this seems
>to imply that the attack it totally psychic. However I think it's safe
>to say this is just bad wording. For one thing, the description of the
>Avatar is pretty clear on it not being a ghost. It's a giant animated
>statue with molten metal for blood. For another thing, there's point [1].
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

Thanks Scott.

quote

As such, any damage it inflicts is treated as being a psychic attack to
which Greater Daemons and Primarchs are especially vulnerable.

end quote

...and to which fleshounds are completely immune.

It's just chaos' way of ballancing things.

I don't really care if other people choose not to allow fleshounds to cock
their legs upon the Avatar, but I am disturbed that this is so clear to me
and other folks interpret it otherwise ('course this wouldn't be the first
time :-)

Agro