Re: [Epic] Thought on EPIC 40K

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 22:35:18 -0800

Stephen Sheldon wrote:

> I just read through the new rules, and forgive me if this has been brought
> up before... I thought of a couple of things that have been dropped or
> changed that shouldn't have been, ie:
> ORKS
> Mekboy speedsta:
> Death rays may be too powerful, but 30cm range is small
> Gone are bubble chukkas, are these death rays? how about giving them a
> disrupt option for +12-15 pts? The missile speedstas could have a barrage
> for +10pts, which leaves the kannon as death rays, which then limits the
> number of DRs in a squad, therefore making them more reasonable.
> I am presuming either a new model is being released as a flak wagon, or
> the magna kannon fits this role.

 Any opinions are appreciated, there will be more as I notice stuff..
> Steve

Well, IMHO I never used the Bubble Chukka's myself, as I found zapping
them with 2 -10 shots much more amusing! Although I will miss the
missile speedsta! And perhaps a speedsta with d6 firepower would be
nice.
On the other hand, the speedstas are the only thing in the Orkz army
that has an Armour of 6. So they are rather amusing for cheap, fast SHW
(Super Heavy Weapons) And I think that the Super lifta droppa has to be
one of the best weaponz in the game now... An absolutly wonderful way
of finishing off that pesky Warlord, and should a Eldar Titan come
under its gaze, well, LOL that should be good.... The old revenant, that
can be picked up and dropped on something right from the start.
A superbly excellent way of finishing (or starting) on absolutly every
single SHV in the game....
Personally I have already got 7 Titan kills, and 12 SHV kills on my twin
Supa Lifta Dropper Great Gargant.... Muhahahahaha!

Laterz

AND WHERE I ASK IS THE DRAGSTA!!!!!

Oh well, I will just have to kiss it good bye! Ho hum, although, as
with most things gone, the may be rules written up for it, but it is no
longer practical as things are fired in detachments, so it is no longer
a viable vehicle really.... Oh well....