Re: [Epic] Thought on EPIC 40K

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 22:11:48 -0800

Stephen Sheldon wrote:

> TYRANIDS
> I think the biotitans should be able to regen wounds on a 5+ in the
> repairing phase. They are very expensive after all
>
> Any opinions are appreciated, there will be more as I notice stuff..
> Steve

I, having a bug army do not like that one little bit, losing the regen.
As basically although they are 2x as hard to hit as Gargants, and they
have Gargant damage capacity, they are going to be fairly vulnerable to
getting smacked with weaponry, having not even possesion of wounds
before they start taking critical hits, which would be nice to have just
a few, in addition to the damage capacity, which could be regenerated,
just like shields, but if anything regenerate on a 5+ as suggested...
I do not think that there is a good comprimise in the fact that you can
move straight to the enemy 40cms a turn with nowt getting in the way.
As unless there is something substatial to hide you, you are in trouble,
sure, a 6 then a 6 on a dice to hit is not very regular, but what
happens when you get your good old death ray? 2+. Auto crit. Or even a
small amount of Land Raiderz will give you trouble...

Oh well.... Don't even get the satisfaction that the Phants are cheaper
than a Great Gargant, cos they're not.... And I think in a one on one,
across a battlefield, sure the Bio will get there in 3 turns or so, the
gargant is going to have some fun with its weapons on the way in, with
the Gargant being able to pound it from turn two, with little in the way
of return fire from the Phant, which I think is also a bit wrong too....
Sure in 40K they are not a shooty army, but they sure as hell had some
firepower to bring to bear in the Epic, which they have lost a more than
decent proportion of IMHO..... Sure the game rulez, but some of the
armies.... Humm.... Not so sure I like em with the compromise of
generalising some stuff, that really shouldn't.... Assault spawn being
one of those things.....
What say you Bug players out there? (Those that don't know about them
yet, gimme a private mail, and we can talk about it, rather than make
alot of disgusted ''Well I never remarks!'' Like I did.....)

Laterz