Re: [Epic] Thought on EPIC 40K

From: Stephen Sheldon <sheldona_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 15:18:21 -0800 (PST)

The new rules are amazing, but everyone is right, the army lists are too
general, but as I already pointed out, a lot of the units are easy to
create, eg rather than having the trygon as assault spawn, drop the
transport skill and give is a 30cm disrupt attack, should be the same
points cost. Easy enough to do. Someone should save and catalogue all
these proposed rule additions, then the group can vote on the best and we
can refine them accordingly, that way we have a good solid rule, not
something that one person has made up to strengthen himself. I personally
like the biotitans 'cuz I can kill them now, but, I still suggest the 5+
regen. And bottom line, if you don't like the rules, stick with the old
ones. I was timid about the new rules even after I read them, but once I
sat down and started thinking, I think the system is how it should be. The
game is the Macroscopic effects of the army, no the details of each unit,
you have imaginations, when that wave serpent uses it's disrupt, you
should all be able to see the wave flying through the detachment. Plus my
DA 40k army (~5000) converts into a perfectly legal 450pt detachment which
makes me happy... Lends itslef for campaigns, you can 'zoom'in on the game
for more detail. I might try that.heh heh.
Steve