Re: [Epic] Brave Imperials

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 08:21:22 -0600

At 10:17 AM 4/3/97 -0700, you wrote:

>> long traditions
>> smaller, well equipped forces
>> excellent airborne troops
>> chaplains, medics, techs
>> garrisons around the Empire
>
>Long traditions
>extremely gung-ho
>spartan life-style
>just wouldn't quit
>
>This is more like the US Marines

Dont' forget the brainwashing. Every once in a while the fluff sounds
amazingly like something I recited in boot camp.

On an airstrip in the middle of the night, with everyone answering quietly
(noise discipline), but in unison:

"We love our country."
"Yes, Sir"

"We love the Corps"
"Yes, Sir."

"We would never disgrace our country."
"No Sir."

"We would never disgrace the Corps."
"No, Sir."

Sounds like:

"Who do we follow?"
"The Warmaster"

"Who is denied to us?"
"The Warmaster"

Yes, it really did happen, and fifty guys in that completely like mind-set
is pretty amazing. It gave me chills then, and it still kinda weirds me out.

And of course, there's the ever popular "This is my rifle. There are many
like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life.
I must protect it as I must protect my life . . ."

Oh, to be young and gung ho again.
Temp