Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:13:23 -0500 (EST)

Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...> writes:
> No house rule, no warlocks, just looking at pop ups as movement...

        As a group who plays pop-ups occuring right before each one
shoots, we use the vanilla rules with the snap-fire house rule and one
other (below).

> Do you allow snapfire weapons to target skimmers on pop up?

        Yes, this is one of our 2 house rules to prevent the skimmers
from being completely ridiculous. The other one for balancing is that
you can decline to shoot units on FF when it is your turn, but may
start up again if the Eldar player does not also decline to shoot.
So, you can sit there waiting for the popups, but if I don't popup,
you won't shoot other, more convenient targets.

> Do you require Warlocks to take line of sight for their psychic powers from
> the ground since they don't pop up in the movement phase?

Yup.

        As a side note, I got E40k last night and flipped through the
rules. I'm so happy that the Eldar finally have a fast CC unit again.
11 points/stand for 5 assault that moves 75cm! Yay.

Mark